Get In Touch
We are happy to answer your queries in relation to any aspect of WASACRE
On 10 October 2013 the Wales Association of SACREs held a national conference, focusing on national priorities impacting on Religious Education in Wales. Over 114 delegates from across Wales participated in the conference and training event at Ty Dysgu, Nantgarw, with representatives from primary and secondary schools, Local Government, and religious communities.
Mark Campion (Lead Inspector for Religious Education, Estyn) presented and discussed the main findings from the Estyn Thematic Review of Religious Education. Richard Roberts (CfBT) introduced the implementation of and support provided for the Literacy and Numeracy Framework in Wales.
Following the keynote speakers, a range of workshops where provided to explore opportunities for developing Literacy and Numeracy in Religious Education and to help SACREs in their statutory responsibility to support and monitor Religious Education in schools. Workshops covered:
· KS2/KS3 Transition project (Phil Lord)
· Using CAFOD resources for Literacy and Numeracy and Global Citizenship (Susan Kambalu)
· Literacy through RE: KS2 and 3 case studies (Libby Jones)
· Developing the Literacy and Numeracy Framework through RE in the primary school (Mary Parry)
· Developing the Literacy and Numeracy Framework through RE at KS3 (Mary Parry)
· Urban Pilgrimage: story cubes (Mary Stallard)
· KS3 Numeracy: statistics, graphs and questionnaires (Phil Lord)
· How can SACREs monitor standards (Bethan James)
· Literacy in the Foundation Phase: Not just a story! (Gill Vaisey)Currently, the following resources from the Conference are available.
The Estyn Thematic Review for Religious Education (Mark Campion, Estyn)